Receptionist & Office Assistant – Dubai, UAE. The job holder will be responsible for greeting visitors or customers in a courteous and professional way.
The job holder will also be responsible for performing administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, sending and receiving e-mails, faxes, organizing meetings if required and scheduling appointments and meetings.
To serve F&B (Coffee/tea/juices, soft drinks, dry breakfast items or lunch) to VIP guests, visitors, staff and others with the highest hospitality standards; and maintain and upkeep of kitchen electronic appliances, crockery, cutlery, periodic stock taking and request to replenish diminishing stock items on time.
Receptionist & Office Assistant. Reception Duties:
- To welcome all visitors and VIP guests in the most professional standards of conduct.
- To ensure guests are well received and facilitate escorting them to the recipient’s office.
- To make sure that all visitors are well assisted and to give the right information about the company.
- Manage visitor access and issue access cards and passes if required.
- To maintain visitor’s register log.
Receptionist & Office Assistant. Call Handling:
- Efficient and effective handling of switchboard receiving and transferring telephone calls, announcing callers, taking brief messages and passing these on via the email system or connecting callers to staff members personal direct line voicemail.
- Screening calls.
- Ensure all voicemail messages to main office number are taken and directed to staff members.
- Maintain and ensure that the answer message is appropriate.
- To facilitate international phone calls and make sure to have international request form filled up all the time.
- Promptly report telephone equipment and line faults to the IT Helpdesk.
- Maintain updated staff extension line list at all times.
- Ensure that the switchboard is switched over to the night service at the end of office hours.
- Keep passwords to lock and open the extensions for the international, national and local telephone lines and manage the international dialing facility and filling up of the international call request forms.
Receptionist & Office Assistant. Document Receipt, Dispatch and Delivery and Data/Communication Handling:
- To receive all faxes and distribute them to their exact destinations.
- Ensure transmission of information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- To send & receive couriers and make sure all airway bills are filled and ensure good co-ordination with the courier companies to ensure timely delivery.
- To maintain proper record of document’s receipt, dispatch and delivery.
- Maintain & monitor attendance records.
Receptionist & Office Assistant. Administrative Duties:
- To synchronise bookings for conference rooms.
- To keep track of store keys used by office assistants when taking material.
- Perform administrative functions as instructed.
- Perform any additional job that is requested by management.
- Co-ordinate with the Administrative Assistant’s across various departments for meeting agenda’s and for conference room bookings.
- Perform administrative support tasks such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, operating calculators or computers to work with invoices or other documents, if required.
- Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices to employees within the organisation.
- Ensure compliance to all policies, procedures, guidelines, and quality standards.
Receptionist & Office Assistant. F&B or Coffee House:
- Prepare and serve hot/cold beverages as per individual requirement of Guests/visitors/staff. Serve dry snacks upon request.
- Responsible for correct arrangements based on requirements ranging from table setting, buffet set-up, plated service on a normal routine or special occasion scenarios.
- Office lunches: Lay the table with the right crockery/cutlery as instructed or using best judgment.
- Load trays with accessories such as eating utensils, napkins, or condiments. Collect used cups/plates upon their usage. Support in small office events by laying the table with require crockery/cutlery, help in cake cutting, serving etc.
- Handle complaints and take prompt and appropriate action. Escalate as appropriate.
Receptionist & Office Assistant. Stock Inventory (quality checks, replenishment and purchases):
- Assist in transporting of food, beverage and other items to and from the kitchen.
- Responsible for proper storage of all materials/items, safeguarding its usage before expiry date.
- Timely stock management & proper safe disposal of consumable equipment and materials/items ensuring no shortage is faced.
- Periodic stock taking of all consumable and non-consumable items in the kitchen. Assess replenishing of consumable stock. Run quality checks on expiry dates.
Receptionist & Office Assistant. Maintenance & Upkeep:
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of kitchen & its appliances, consumable and non-consumable items. Clean or sterilize dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment, or facilities.
- Collect used crockery/cutlery from all office areas before closing hours, ensure kitchen is neat and clean, garbage bags duly disposed etc.
- Check pantry equipment daily to ensure they are in good working condition and promptly report any defects/malfunctions to the line manager. Red-flag on equipment/material breakdowns, arrange for vendor’s regular maintenance work.
Receptionist & Office Assistant. Miscellaneous:
- Maintain utmost confidentiality and adhere to the Code of Conduct.
- Perform related other duties/assignments as instructed.
- Support in small administrative work as assigned from time to time.
- Report for duty punctually, in the correct uniform, clean and neatly pressed.
Perform other responsibilities and tasks as directed by the manager in order to meet department/ division objectives.
- Management Consulting
- Customer Service
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.