Scala/Kubernetes Engineer – Kraków, Poland. $40k – 120k Remote . About this job
Scala/Kubernetes Engineer – Kraków, Poland. $40k – 120k Remote . Job description
Luna is looking for a senior cloud software engineer to take charge of the design, development, and evolution of the new SaaS offering for Luna, a project said by Singularity University to have the potential to change the lives of one-billion people. If you bring strong technical skills and have a passion for collaboration, this role could be for you.
As a senior cloud software engineer, you’ll be leading the effort to design and develop our new SaaS offering, providing a web-based version of Luna to our clients. Your work will be integral to the next phase of Luna’s development, as we expand our offering beyond the open-source project. You’ll be able to work with a world-class team of skilled engineers, community managers, and business developers (from Bloomberg, GitHub and PayPal to name a few), and put your indelible stamp on Luna’s future.
Scala/Kubernetes Engineer. What You’ll Do
As a senior cloud software engineer you’ll be in charge of building the SaaS offering for Luna, hosting both the language and its IDE in the cloud. This will involve:
- Working closely with the internal teams to design a secure and scalable SaaS architecture.
- Developing a SaaS solution based upon that design with robust tooling and reliability, as well as inbuilt support for collaboration.
- Hosting the architecture on a cloud provider without becoming too dependent on any one given platform.
- Contributing to the evolution of this vibrant open-source project by bringing a new component to its ecosystem and product offering.
Join Jobzey for more job opportunities.
The Skills We’re Looking For
We have a few particular skills that we’re looking for in this role:
- 3+ years experience in designing secure, scalable, and collaboration-ready SaaS architectures.
- A strong commitment to security and scalability that permeates your approach to design.
- Experience with Kubernetes deployment and administration using EKS.
- Experience with Scala and Akka.
- Practical knowledge about AWS networking and storage architectures, and how they integrate with Kubernetes.
- Experience managing AWS resources using Terraform.
- Experience working in an SRE capacity on monitoring, incident handling and continuous service improvement.
- Experience building and delivering CI/CD pipelines to ensure service stability and reliability.
- Experience employing Devops practices such as the ‘continuous everything’ and ‘everything as code’ styles of work.
- Experience working with Git, and preferably GitOps.
It would be a big bonus if you also had:
- Skills working with Azure and GCP to help expand beyond AWS in the future.
- Experience working in close conjunction with multiple product teams to ensure that the solutions you provide meet their needs.
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
More: New Opportunities
To apply for this job please visit stackoverflow.com.