Senior Android Engineer: About this job Want to build useful and innovative Android apps? We are seeking a Senior Android developer to join forces with SolutionStream as a contract to hire for our client company.
What’s in it for you?
Developing NEW Android apps for a highly visible national company. The ability to test your architectural skills by being heavily involved in the design for high traffic applications. The opportunity to collaborate with our internal teams to evaluate and create the latest innovations in the Android ecosystem.
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Mobile Developer
Industry: eCommerce, Food & Beverage, Logistics & Distribution
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
Senior Android Engineer: Job description
We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer (f/m/d) to join our Global Contact Center Tech team to create an easy and personalized ordering experience for our customers. If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
In order to achieve this goal, we are building our own Automation & Support Platform to manage in-app support, self-service flows, transactional communication, automation of business processes, and other technologies that make ticket resolution more seamless: from the moment a user enters the customer support in the App, to making sure we have sufficient customer service agents available to solve the problem in a fast matter, and anything in between.
Senior Android Engineer. Your Mission
- Build reusable Android components/SDKs for interfacing with the multiple entities and Apps in our platforms.
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD pipeline and automation tools
- Write and maintain UI Tests as well as the UI-Tests framework.
- Optimize UI for performance for low-end devices.
- Develop new features for our Android products.
- Build custom Android UI widgets.
- Solve technical and behavioural challenges, prioritized based on customer impact.
- Collaborate with back end developers, designers, product owners to constantly improve customer experience within our apps.
- Mentor junior developers.
Senior Android Engineer. Your heroic skills:
- Hands-on experience with Java and Kotlin.
- Hands-on experience writing high-quality unit and integration tests.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Experience with multithreaded programming and proper state management.
- Experience with resource optimization like Data-usage, Battery consumption … etc.
- Full understanding of the Android OS internals.
- Experience with CI/CD and Automation tools And Experience with Google Play release and distribution process.
- Knowledge of performance tools and optimization techniques (e.g. Systrace).
- Fully comfortable working in English, both in writing and spoken.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with A/B testing tools.
- Experience building Android SDKs.
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs.
- Experience with UI-Tests using Espresso.
- Open-source contributions.
- Contributions on knowledge exchange websites like StackOverflow.
- Experience with Bitrise and Firebase
Why Delivery Hero?
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external training.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups, in our active guilds, and during our Developer Exchange Program.
- Join company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe, working in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Daily fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our in-house training.
- Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room.
To apply for this job please visit www.deliveryhero.com.