Website Octagon Professional Recruiting | Octagon Financial Consulting | Octagon Octagon Professional Recruiting | Octagon Financial Consulting | Octagon
Octagon Professional Recruiting | Octagon Financial Consulting | Octagon
Develop and/or enhance budgeting, forecasting and metric-based modeling and processes in conjunction with Senior Finance Director. Project future impact of new profit-improvement initiatives and measure impact of existing initiatives.
Note: This is a SENIOR level analyst position (operates at MANAGER level) with frequent interaction and exposure to CFO and other senior leaders in company. Also heavy on data analytics and utilizing BI Tools.
Senior Manager Operations Finance – Miami, United States
Senior Manager Operations Finance. Description of Responsibilities
- Develop monthly/quarterly results analysis packages which assess how actual results are tracking against budget, forecast and prior year. Assist Senior Finance Director with business review packages and meetings.
- Prepare analyses and reporting that help us assess operating trends, understand key drivers of variances (including the WHY), and quantify impacts. Analysis scope encompasses: profitability, loss ratios, claim frequency and severity, cost trends, service network performance, etc…
- Bring additional insights into broader result trends by conducting segmentation analyses; that is results / metrics by: channel, product, trade, service provider groups, customer groups, etc.
- Directly collaborate / interact with ALL levels of key Operating organizations (VP, Directors, Mgrs and all Analysts), as well as I/T, Finance, Accounting and other functional areas.
- Senior Manager Operations Finance. Conduct deep-dive analytic reviews of key operational results to identify trends, key drivers, quantify impacts, help spot risks and opportunities. These are often substantial, multi-month projects in which this role has Lead responsibilities.
- In conjunction with Sr Finance Director: (a) Discuss deep-dive analytic findings with Operational partners and collaborate to yield mutually-informed conclusions about key drivers and financial impacts of same; (b) Estimate future impact of new profit-improvement initiatives. Measure profit impact of existing initiatives.
- Serve as lead in building Finance-initiated financial/operational dashboards to improve visibility and management focus on key metrics and drivers. Leverage Finance’s senior data analyst and I/T resources in building these tools.
- Critically important to achieve alignment with Operations on core analytics and dashboards – whether developed by Finance or Operations. If the latter, serve as Finance SME in assisting Operations in their tool development
- Support Senior Finance Director in managing the preparation of forecasts, annual budgets and 3 year plans.
- Assist in the preparation of Board of Advisor documents and exhibits.
- Provide ad hoc analysis support to Finance Leadership team and others as requested.
- Contribute to streamlining efficiency across the Finance department by automating and/or eliminating reporting as the business needs evolve.
Senior Manager Operations Finance.Other Requirements
• Requires very strong analytical and financial modeling skills.
• Must have proven ability to overcome incomplete/flawed data and still draw reasoned analytical conclusions (with appropriate qualifications).
- Experience with high transaction operational businesses with large data sets to navigate and analyze.
- Brings a deeply-held customer service focus to this role. Ability to develop productive relationships with peer groups in Operational areas as well as within Finance, Accounting and I/T.
- Must be comfortable working within a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding organizational environment.
- Highly motivated individual who can manage through a multitude of competing priorities at any given time.
- Must work with a strong sense of urgency and be able to work long hours as needed to achieve agreed upon objectives within strict deadlines.
- Flexible, team oriented approach to issues and strong team building skills.
- Effectively and concisely express analysis findings and/or recommendations both in writing and orally across the organization.
- Feels comfortable speaking up to express objective views/insights of operating performance to all levels of Operational organizations and Senior Mgmt.
Senior Manager Operations Finance. Experience/Education:
- Experienced in providing financial analysis support DIRECTLY to Sales and Operating Functions that conduct the CORE business of company.
- Some experience as Lead on key analysis projects or as Finance point person for meaningful cross-functional projects
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years in FP&A roles.
- Company Size Experience: medium/large to large national companies. Further, companies whose business operating model involves high transaction counts
- Industry Experience: Flexible but a big plus for Business/Retail Services or Insurance
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required, MBA is preferred.
Senior Manager Operations Finance. Technical Skills/Experience
- Advanced Excel Skills are required (e.g. vLookups, hLookups, sumifs, macros).
- Experience with Access and similar tools is desirable.
- End-user experience with ERP Financial Planning/Reporting systems/tools such as Oracle B.I. and Hyperion is required. Ability to write SQL is not required, but a big plus.
- End-user experience with financial reporting & visualization tools like Tableau or PowerBI is a big plus.
Senior Manager Operations Finance. Seniority Level
- Consumer Services
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.