Senior Project Manager, Data and Systems Delivery – Toronto, CA
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
Senior Project Manager, Data and Systems Delivery. Job Description
As a Senior Project Manager in the Technology and Data Delivery team, supporting the Finance Analytics and Risk business group, you will partner with CPP Investments’ operations, technology and data teams to deliver new capabilities.
You will be accountable for project management, defining strategic enhancements through all phases of the project lifecycle from inception, build and delivery of the product to business clients.
You will have a passion for getting things done the right way, to enable the delivery of long-term value to the CPP Fund for the benefit of 20 million Canadians.
Senior Project Manager, Data and Systems Delivery. The Opportunity
- Owning the project outcome and delivering the agreed business success criteria; monitoring progress against work plan and deliverables;
- Identifying and managing projects/program priorities by successfully mitigating dependencies and competing priorities across related initiatives. Such priority management includes resource estimate assessment and resource forecasting so that bottlenecks are eliminated or minimized;
- Creating effective project reporting artefacts;
- Communicating project status and issues as appropriate to the audience;
- Escalating issues and risks, as appropriate, with a particular focus on implications;
- Managing project financials ensuring appropriate fiscal control;
- Working with alignment to CPP Investments’ Project Management Methodology.
- Manage the budget and resources for assigned projects
- Provide regular updates to the business owners and IT Senior Management
Senior Project Manager, Data and Systems Delivery. Qualifications
If you possess the following, we’d like to hear from you:
- Undergraduate or advanced degree;
- 7+ years’ experience in a related role(s) within the investment industry
- Experience within investment operations, accounting and performance measurement functions with deep business understanding of business processes/functions supporting these areas
- Experience with SimCorp Dimension an asset
- In depth knowledge of project management methodology (PMI certification)
- Proven process development skills and solid understanding of project life cycle and the capability to apply best practices knowledge to unique and dynamic situations
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial instruments including derivatives and cash instruments
- A strong curiosity and desire to improve how work gets done
- Ability to perform quick assessments identify potential risks and issues; ability to assess project risks at a detailed level;
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills – ability to coordinate many tasks simultaneously without losing focus on the priority; ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment and with aggressive timelines
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to tailor the key messages to various stakeholders including senior executives
- Commitment to CPP Invetments’ guiding principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
Senior Project Manager, Data and Systems Delivery. Additional Information
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin.
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings.
Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Senior Project Manager, Data and Systems Delivery
- Financial Services
- Investment Banking
- Investment Management
- Project Management
- Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.