Signal Processing Engineer – Ottawa, Canada. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Signal Processing Engineer – Ottawa, Canada
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Systemization (requirements decomposition) of new radio products into lower level design blocks (Filter Unit, PA, receiver, transmit chain, Antenna)
- Digital signal Processing, Filtering, and analyse performance
- Carrier Sub-banding in Time Domain
- Signal Processing Engineer . Modeling with Matlab
- System analysis and final calculation of specifications (filter rejection, link budgets, power budgets, thermal analysis, interface definition)
- Formal requirements documentation and traceability
- Analysis of radio RF performance, either with simulations or analytically
- Support for radio integration and test
- Support Radio Performance Verification planning and test result analysis
- Assist in troubleshooting and solving product issues.
- Interface with project management, strategic product management, customer units and internal design (both SW and HW)
- Contribute to systems studies, primarily related to Radio hardware and RF performance
- Provide coordination among various HW and SW design disciplines towards a target system design.
- Support radio factory/manufacturing test development
- Support the deployment of new Radio products and features into customer networks
- Contribute to continuous improvements of products, simulation tools and processes
- Contribute to Innovation and Ericsson IPR, file Invention disclosures and Patents
- Mentor/coach more junior members within the Systems or broader PDU Radio development team
Signal Processing Engineer . Position Qualifications:
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years experience working directly in the development of radio products (systemization, hardware design, integration, or test).
- Demonstrated background in the system design and/or hardware design of radios or major radio components such as power amplifiers, filters, transceivers, antennas.
- Signal Processing Engineer . Background in the hands-on integration and test of radio hardware
- Analytical mindset, high capacity, result oriented and ability to deliver under pressure
- Background in communications theory and digital signal processing is a must
- Knowledge of 3GPP specifications, especially in Radio performance characteristics
- Experience in the development and analysis of simulations, knowledge of simulation environments like ADS and/or MATLAB is an asset
- Signal Processing Engineer . Candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter, and a team player
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and manage many different projects at once
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written, providing effective communication building strong relationships internally as well as externally
- Signal Processing Engineer . B.Sc., M.Sc., or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area, or equivalent experience, preferably with demonstrated experience and knowledge in the above-mentioned required skills areas
EEO: This company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Signal Processing Engineer . Seniority Level
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
How you match
Digital Signal Processing
Radio Frequency (RF)
Level of education
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.