Waterhouse Executive Search Ltd
Site Manager, Capital Development (Construction). Waterhouse Executive Search Ltd Company Location Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Our client, a large multi-site health care provider in Toronto is currently hiring for a number of key leadership roles focused in construction, infrastructure facilities and space and master planning. This transformative multi-year, multi-phase initiative will involve the complete redesigned and rebuild of many of our client’s most important facilities by the end of 2022.
Site Manager, Capital Development (Construction) – Toronto, Canada. Priority roles currently exist for a:
- Site Manager, Capital Development
- Site Manager, Infrastructure (supports facilities and capital development)
- Senior Manager, Space and Master Planning.
As the ideal candidate you will be a forward-thinking leader with exceptional experience, credentials and ability to play a key role in a significant ongoing and committed redevelopment initiative. We are seeking candidates with extensive experience in one of the above three disciplines coupled with a knowledge and ability to contribute in a healthcare environment.
Interviews will be starting for these positions this month; a second wave of hiring will commence in late April for Project Managers for Capital Development and Master Planning as well as Project Coordinators.
If you’re looking new job opportunities that offer relocation and high
salaries around the world check it out on our website Jobzey.com
Site Manager, Capital Development (Construction) – Toronto, Canada. Your Opportunity to Make a Difference
To support this journey, our client is looking for a Site Manager to support the Capital Development department.
Capital Development is devoted to the coordination of space, projects and people. Reporting to the Senior Director, Facilities Planning and Development, the Site Manager is accountable to manage, organize, monitor and orchestrate approved capital projects, as assigned by the Senior Director, from inception through to project close-out, some of which may occur concurrently.
The Site Manager will be a key team member of the Capital Development team for planning and execution of redevelopment projects, including major capital projects involving the renovation of over 30% of the existing facility and the development of large campus. Working with the Senior Director, the Site Manager
oversees the work carried out by staff and ensures that all projects comply, as may be required, with the directions outlined in the MOHLTC Capital Planning Manual, relevant procurement guidelines outlined in the Broader Public Sector Procurement Directive (BPS) and identified by the Hospital, and all applicable building codes.
Site Manager, Capital Development (Construction) – Toronto, Canada. Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure the highest possible client satisfaction in support of providing safe, high quality service excellence and compassionate patient centered care
- Oversee, manage, organize, monitor and orchestrate approved capital projects from inception through to project close-out, some of which may occur concurrently
- Work collaboratively with Capital Development staff and a wide variety of project stakeholders to ensure project timelines and deliverables are met and are in alignment with our client’s mission, vision and values and strategic directions
- Deliver projects in close collaboration and coordination with the Infection Prevention and Control, and Occupational Health, Wellness and Safety departments
- Assist the Senior Director with related department work distribution and monitoring as well as the establishment of performance metrics for overall operations
- Lead teams in implementing major and critical projects; meet with users to evaluate their needs, investigate options and make high level recommendations on approaches to resolve their needs or challenges
- Translate user requirements into a high-level functional plan, with or without the use of specialty consultants depending upon size of project
- Along with the Senior Director, improve current departmental policies and procedures, develop technical RFPs (e.g. purchase of goods such as furniture, equipment, and services of architects and engineers on different projects), evaluate RFPs and ensure compliance with the our client’s policies and procedures
- Manage the consulting team and verify work performed by the architects, engineers, and other specialty consultants
- Ensure that all contractors have appropriate documentation and approval to undertake the work, identifying and addressing non-conformances when necessary, evaluating the cause of project related non-conformances and coordinate remedial action
- Verify completion of the remedial activities and report the results to the Senior Director
- Utilize expert level negotiation skills and conflict resolution strategies to work with external and internal stakeholders, obtaining buy-in and support to ensure the success of projects and achievement of win-win strategies for all parties
- Develop project schedules (Microsoft Project), implement and continuously monitor schedule activities and manage schedule risk mitigation
- Develop project budgets for User/Capital Finance approval; monitor approved budget spend, commitments, forecast and cost-to date; process vendor invoices for payment
- Education: University degree or college diploma, preferably in Architecture, Planning or Engineering required from an accredited educational institution; post graduate certification in related area would be an asset.
- Capital Projects: Experience Seven (7) years’ minimum of progressive management experience in design, project management, renovation, and construction required; experience in a health care environment is strongly preferred; Construction experience is an asset.
- Construction and Capital Projects Knowledge: Knowledge of Ministry of Health master planning, capital budgeting, facility designs and construction processes and familiarity with health care delivery systems required; Familiarity with CCDC contracts, design profession contracts such as OAA, RAIC and ARIDO, and Ontario Building Code, CSA Z-8000 and CSA Z317 Infection Control.
- Project Management: Significant experience managing, organizing and orchestrating complex projects from inception through to project close-out; Complex project management skills and experience with an ability to manage multiple projects; Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is considered an asset.
- Leadership: Strong leadership and coaching qualities with the ability to engage, motivate and lead small to large teams, resolve team conflicts and work collaboratively with partnering agencies to achieve overarching project goals.
- Contract Management: Demonstrated experience preparing and negotiating contracts; Proven ability to effectively hire, manage and supervise contractors, sub-contractors and trades professionals; Knowledge of Alternative Financing and Procurement / Public Private Partnerships preferred.
- Facility and Equipment Commissioning: Experience with facility and equipment commissioning and orientation required.
- Analytical Skills: Exceptional analytical and information-seeking skills that contribute to effective decision-making and strategic planning and execution of action plans that deliver results and motivate individuals for greater performance excellence.
- Results Orientation: Demonstrated track record of delivering results, effectively driving culture, fiscal control and developing self and others through coaching, mentoring and formal processes; Ability to work with a diverse group of and stakeholders with demonstrated success in moving key stakeholders to positive resolution.
How to be Considered for this Opportunity
To explore this opportunity please apply online with your resume in word of PDF format via email by April 16, 2020, 2020 or sooner to email@example.com quoting project SHS-SMC.
If you wish to speak with our Executive Recruiter or view the detailed position profile please contact Jon Stungevicius at 416-214-9299 x1 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you match
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me. Not because I am an Influencer but because I sincerely care. I want to bring change to the recruiting process.
Even if one person gets a job, I would be the happiest person. Job searching is emotionally draining. No one should have to go through this alone.
I think everyone should support jobseekers’ posts. It takes a second, but may change someone’s life. LinkedIn isn’t only about entertainment. It’s about networking.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
Criteria provided by job poster
- Capital Budgeting
- Infection Control
- Analytical Skills
- Complex Project Management
- Equipment Commissioning
- Capital Projects
- Ontario Building Code
- Civil Engineering
- Hospital & Health Care
- Project Management
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.