Software Engineer – Helsinki, Finland – Helsinki, Finland. We are looking for a software developer to join us on working with a Unity-based E-Learning application for kids (in 2D)
Software Engineer – Helsinki, Finland
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a software developer to join us on working with a Unity-based E-Learning application for kids (in 2D).
We have already gotten some strong evidence that our application works, and we would like you to join us in the next step, which is transforming the codebase into something that can scale up to millions of users, meeting various boundary conditions along the way.
Programming tasks include both the consumer-facing Unity mobile app, the Unity Editor-based content production system, as well as the TypeScript- and React-based backend and administration UI which is running on AWS and automated using Terraform. Your main focus would be on the Unity stuff, however!
Software Engineer. Some skills we are looking for:
- Experience building and maintaining a well-architected, testable Unity 2D application (C#)
- Experience customizing the Unity Editor UI (C#)
- Knowledgeable in working with Git, CI, Unity Cloud Build and deployment automation
- Curiosity to further educate yourself on the new available features of Unity and the rest of our stack
- Fluent English skills (Finnish not required :D)
Extra credit for the following:
- React + Apollo GraphQL experience
- AWS experience
And even if you don’t tick many of these boxes, a good engineer is always a good engineer, just prove it to us somehow!
Playvation Ltd. is a Finnish EdTech company focusing on digital language learning solutions. Our flagship product Moomin Language School is offered to early learning organizations and primary schools around the world.
We combine various fields of expertise and our team includes linguists, teachers, early educators, graphic designers, technology experts and sales professionals, to name a few.
Language skills are essential in the modern global world, yet millions of children lack access to high quality teaching and learning content. We are about to change this. By joining us, you will join a team dedicated to learning and creativity.
Software Engineer. What we offer
- A front seat in a Finnish EdTech/SaaS company heading for international growth
- A chance to work with a meaningful product that aims to change the way people learn languages
- Ample opportunity to shape the product and the tech stack as we scale
- The support of a passionate, multi-talented and international team
- Competitive salary and option plans
- A cozy office on the Maria 01 premises (building 3, the beautiful old one)
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
Software Engineer – Helsinki, Finland. We are looking for a software developer to join us on working with a Unity-based E-Learning application for kids (in 2D)
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.