Software Engineer, Internal Systems (Remote) – New York, United States. This Software Engineer role is focused on the development and optimization of systems and tools we use to operate our business.
CafeMedia empowers over 2,500 premium publishers, with a collective reach of over 164MM monthly unique visitors (#11 largest Comscore property in June 2020), to make a living doing what they love – producing great content – while we manage the advertising for them.
From food to home to news and technology and more, we represent the influential voices who make the internet a better place. As the largest exclusive publisher network, with direct access to code-on-page and underlying datasets, we have a unique capability to build innovative products that span across publishers, advertisers and consumers.
Software Engineer, Internal Systems (Remote) – New York, United States
This position can be in-office in New York City or work-from-home. Remote U.S. candidates encouraged to apply.
This Software Engineer role is focused on the development and optimization of systems and tools we use to operate our business. These processes include but are not limited to those used to acquire, onboard, integrate with, manage, and support our customers.
Given the broad scope of this effort, a successful candidate must be driven by understanding and improving work processes and developing solutions that potentially use a wide variety of technologies.
For example, some solutions may involve extending or developing a web-based application using Angular and node.js, while other solutions may involve the integration of enterprise systems using golang, python, or some other language and technology stack. We are treating this effort as we treat all of our product development efforts, using agile methods to deliver incremental value to the business.
Software Engineer, Internal Systems. Skills and Experience
- While we do not fixate on number of years of experience, we expect it will take at least 5 years doing professional software development on internal tools, enterprise platforms, or similar systems to excel in this role.
- Full-stack web development, meaning use of front-end frameworks like Angular, and development of back-end services in node.js, potentially integrating with persistent stores like postgresql.
- Experience integrating with enterprise CRM systems like Salesforce.com.
- Experience with building and operating software in the public cloud, specifically AWS.
- Experience and passion for developing business-critical solutions for an internal user base.
Software Engineer, Internal Systems. Qualities
Beyond experience in a software engineering role, we focus on the qualities we feel are important to success on our team. These include:
- Proactive/Follows through–opportunities for work optimization may not always be fully formed or completely spelled out. You need to take the lead on conceiving solutions and seeing them through to delivery and actual usage.
- Communication, especially cross-functionally–you will be working on internal systems used by a variety of people doing very different kinds of work and being adept at communication will be key.
- Enjoys improving processes and workflows–this is the essence of this role. More than interest in any specific technology, you must be driven by optimizing work.
- Adaptable/Flexible–decisions about where to apply technology are based on ROI calculations, and that could lead to changes in direction as new opportunities are discovered. An agile mindset is key.
- Versatile, especially with technologies; a tinkerer–the variety of software you develop could run a wide gamut, so you need to excel at taking on new challenges outside your comfort zone.
- Curious, likes to explore alternatives–understanding your users and the work they do should be compelling to you. You want to wear their shoes and think about different ways to tackle their work.
- Pragmatic–delivering value quickly and incrementally is favored over longer efforts that defer value delivery. You get things done quickly and learn from experience.
- Resourceful–sometimes the best solutions involve leveraging a variety of resources already in play, or researching how others solve similar problems.
- Open minded–some problems may seem impossibly challenging, or the solution might not be obvious. Being open minded to explore options is important here.
- Driven–your desire to help others and optimize solutions is intrinsic and second nature to you.
Software Engineer, Internal Systems. Seniority Level
- Information Services
- Information Technology
- Quality Assurance
Software Engineer, Internal Systems
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.