Vice President – Strategy and Engineering – Toronto, Canada.You would also be a role model for demonstrating our guiding principles of how we work and be a champion for your team’s growth opportunities.
DigitalDots Canada Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Vice President to lead our platform Strategy and Engineering. Our vision is to achieve rapid Digital Transformation with AI and IOT for our client base using Bēver platform.
Bēver is our non-intrusive unified platform offering which enables enterprises to innovate, experiment, learn, accelerate and scale digital business solutions. They key platform offerings include Digital Studio, Cognitive Fusion, Model Management and Sensor Fabric.
In this role you will define, build and execute growth strategy with our clients and increase platform subscriber base over the next 2 years. You would also be a role model for demonstrating our guiding principles of how we work and be a champion for your team’s growth opportunities.
You would bring artificial intelligence platform experience, platform feature evolution thinking, bring strong technology transformation delivery expertise, collaborate with the engineering team, build amazing culture and creative ways to work on different client challenges maturing the platform for client needs.
This resource’s main focus will be to establish DigitalDots Canadian business and clients, customize DigitalDots AI platform specific to the Canadian business and industry needs, develop new client business for its enterprise division, and realize the next 2 years vision for the company’s growth in North American region.
The leader is responsible for all aspects of software development bringing practical, scalable and responsible AI platform to action. As a key leader of the company, the resource will work closely with the CEO, to lay the foundation of growth at DigitalDots.
Vice President – Strategy and Engineering – Toronto, Canada
Job Title: Vice President – Strategy and Engineering
Work Location: DigitalDots Canada, 1 University Ave, Toronto Ontario M5J 2P1.
Wage Range: $150-195k CAD per annum
Terms: Permanent, Full-time
Published On: 04th June 2020
Apply Before: 03rd July 2020
Strategy and EngineeringJob Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- 8+ years of Experience on project/program management leading large enterprise technology transformation engagements using Agile and Waterfall principles.
- Deep experience leading the full technology stack product/solution implementations, product/platform/app development, managing multi skilled teams.
- Demonstrated success in driving product vision and strategy
- Prior experience leading and managing PaaS AI Platform/product development.
- Prior experience leading delivery of digital transformation and cognitive solutions.
- Career history of progressively responsible experience in software development/delivery, during which a blend of technical and management capabilities has been clearly demonstrated.
- Strategy and Engineering. Experience conducting organizational AI assessments, leading implementation of AI & digital transformation solutions is a preferred.
- Experience managing cognitive transformation solutions to clients using AI/ML is preferred
- Experience in defining and aligning and evolving product/platform features to client needs is preferred
- Experience with building a software development team from scratch is preferred
- Strong business acumen, comfortable with accountability, superior ability to communicate complex technical concepts and dealing with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated leadership applying innovative technologies with continuous improvement mindset.
- Master’s degree in business management or equivalent from an accredited college or university preferred
Strategy and Engineering. Responsibilities:
Day to day duties include the following:
- Understand customer needs, convert market leads as client wins working with CEO, authorize, organize and establish RFP’s, Master Service Agreement, Statement of Work; managing client engagements and staffing.
- Lead the Bēver platform strategy, engineering – staff, financial and technical aspects, creating and managing multi skilled teams. Lead client platform adoption and maturity with a “Land Once and Evolve 360” model.
- Accountable for representing the organization before clients, developing strong long-term client relationships with the aim to be recognized as a trusted business advisor in the industry, as well as solving complex business problems leveraging cutting-edge AI technology.
- Strategy and Engineering. Conducting client interviews, perform opportunity discovery understanding the client pain points and industry challenges, leading Roadmap preparation for clients, ROI demonstration, business case preparation.
- Leading the facilitation of cognitive thinking workshops for key stakeholders.
- Partnering with engineering, design, customers, and stakeholders to define business needs, requirements, and feature roadmaps for Artificial Intelligence Platform. Driving the cadence and process of prioritizing features, releases, and roadmap. Communicating product roadmap and changes to stakeholders.
- Building business cases for investing in new platform features. Authoring and prioritizing requirements, use cases, and stories, and work closely with engineering during execution to ensure the product is built as envisioned. Defining KPI metrics by which the product’s value will be measured at clients.
- Contributing to brainstorms, ideations, and discussions around the Industry strategy and define the overall AI platform strategy. Abstracting needs from various industries into repeatable requirements that serve multiple use cases building platform, lighthouse cognitive solutions and door opener solutions for clients.
- Strategy and Engineering. Working with ecosystem partners to integrate the AI Platform offering into each client ecosystem and positioning the product in respective marketplace. Being a product champion by analyzing external market trends, competition, opportunities that impact the user and capabilities of the platform. Help clients scale insights for business success – through the application of advanced AI, machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing.
- Driving the use of AI technologies to achieve a more targeted and personalized user experience working closely with UX designers and visual designers define the interaction experience for end-users on Mobile, Wearable, Devices and Web platforms.
- Owning and driving high quality Artificial Intelligence platform features development, managing multi skilled global teams consisting of Technical Product Managers, Platform Architects, Engineers, ML Engineers, Machine Learning Research Data Scientists, QA Engineer, UX Designers, Dev Ops Engineers, Technical Writers, Full Stack Developers, POD Leads, Dev Ops Engineer, Automation Engineer, Domain Specialists, Business Analysts and Client Services teams. Lead project team members through Agile ceremonies.
- Breaking down large scale technical problems into manageable chunks, developing work plans for engagements and producing exceptional deliverables for clients. Building an AI roadmap and use case definition(s) for the client to begin their AI journey.
- Strategy and Engineering. Working with Architects to lead the research of emerging standards for software architecture. Driving the architecture direction, platform technical roadmap, provide Engineering Standards Guidance, tackling hard technical problems, champion of development best practices, dig into the details of feature development and larger technical decisions, implement security standards, design pattern definition, implementing multi component systems using microservices and Implementation of the AI platform
- Helping team members with making decisions (especially Engineers, Architects) quickly, through a disciplined process of experimentation and feedback loops.
- Mentoring and providing feedback to engineers and product managers to help them navigate their professional development and achieve their career goals.
- Leading hiring initiatives by managing (and participating in) the execution of our interview process; select middle managers for clients and other technical staff requirements, iterating on the process based on measurement of its effectiveness to screen candidates on their probability of success.
- Actively monitoring key risks and manage issues in the platform product lifecycle including staff and financials. Inventing innovative ways to approach the customer about our technology or deliver complex engagements in light of resource constraints.
Strategy and Engineering
DigitalDots Canada is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal treatment with respect to employment without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, disability, colour or ethnic origin as required by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
To Apply Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (sub: “Application for Vice President – Strategy and Engineering”), with details of relevant work experience and why you feel you are a good candidate for this position. While all candidates are thanked for their interest, only those who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
- Information Technology & Services
- Business Development
Strategy and Engineering – Toronto, Canada
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com