Systems Engineer Specialist – Abu Dhabi, AE. You will join a great team of talented professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working together.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth.
L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs.
The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Systems Engineer Specialist
Job Location: UAE – Abu Dhabi
Job Code: CS20201902-41629
Systems Engineer Specialist – Abu Dhabi, AE
We are seeking a Systems Engineer for the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Field Assignment location for nominally 1 year. This is an expat assignment.
This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to mission critical systems solutions that help protect the U.S.A. and our allies.
You will join a great team of talented professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working together.
Systems Engineer Specialist
Note: Upon successful completion of this role there would be opportunities for similar remote work or work in our Palm Bay, FL location.
- Responsible for providing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk supportability, and effectiveness analysis for total systems.
- Manage engineering subcontractors through regular interactions, development of technical documentation and coordinating design review activities.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Assist with the development of top-level specification and manage requirement flow down to lower level specifications.
- Develop CONOPS and Use Cases
- Perform analysis at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Manage risk and opportunity with internal and external customers; work with technical team to identify, mitigate and close program risks.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment; interact, anticipate and respond to customer needs.
- Work multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing situations
Systems Engineer Specialist . Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Software or Systems Engineering (or similar technical discipline)
- 9 years of related experience or 7 years with a Master’s degree
- 7+ years of Communication Systems experience
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other disciplines (Digital, RF, Mechanical, Software, I&T, Manufacturing, etc.)
- 6+ years’ experience in Requirements managements, traceability, and verification with IBM Rational DOORS
- Ability to obtain DOD Secret Security Clearance.
Systems Engineer Specialist . Preferred Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
C4ISR Systems and Operations experience
- Requirements managements, traceability, and verification with IBM Rational DOORS
- Communication Systems experience
- Knowledge of SATCOM systems, fiber optic media converter systems, data links, RF systems, and Modems.
- Experience with Government contracting, proposal writing, and business acquisition process knowledge
Systems Engineer Specialist . Seniority Level
- Information Technology & Services
- Defense & Space
- Aviation & Aerospace
- Information Technology
Systems Engineer Specialist – Abu Dhabi, AE
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.