What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Technical QA Lead – Helsinki, Finland
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
QA at Epic
What we do
The Online team at Epic Games is developing an innovative platform which provides tools and services with world-class features and scalability to developers and gamers.
We’re making it easier and faster for developers to successfully launch, operate, and scale high-quality games. As a game developer ourselves, we understand how to tackle hard problems and are sharing the fruits of our labor with others in the development community.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is looking for an experienced Technical QA Lead. This position will be responsible for the quality of multiple websites and web applications associated with Epic products.
They will be leading a small, agile QA team embedded in our team of back-end and web engineers. If you’re excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we’d like to speak with you!
Technical QA Lead. In this role, you will
- Working with product owners and developers to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features/web releases
- Coordinating test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
- Managing test plans/test suites in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Managing Compatibility and Localization testing efforts
- Executing a variety of testing techniques across websites to ensure the highest possible quality of product prior to release
- Analyzing and troubleshooting reported defects and internal issues
- Develop major testing initiatives using a combination of process, people, and effective testing methodologies
- Ensuring that Automation efforts are moving forward effectively and efficiently
- Lead and grow a quality assurance team as both a people manager and a tactical driver of success, with the ability to contribute to day-to-day efforts as needed
Technical QA Lead. What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of software testing experience in an agile environment
- A deep understanding of defect reporting, version control, and configuration management best practices, along with different testing phase best practices and objectives (functional, system integration, UAT, performance)
- Experience with web-based test automation and development tools; Selenium, Puppeteer, Chrome Dev Tools
- Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
- Technical understanding of web technologies
- Solid experience in functional and usability testing of high-traffic, customer-facing websites
- Experience with cross-browser and platform testing
- Solid understanding of website testing needs including data configuration, account management, and localization
- Knowledge of SQL & MongoDB, and the ability to query databases
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment, with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products
- Knowledge of CMS (Content Management Systems) is a plus
Technical QA Lead . Us
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before.
- Computer Games
- Computer Software
- Quality Assurance
Technical QA Lead – Helsinki, Finland
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.