ONTARIO INVITED 997 CANDIDATES FOR PR FROM 10 OCCUPATIONS. The August 15 Ontario Immigrant Nomination Program (OINP) draw issued 997 invitations to candidates from 10 occupations including accountants, public relations managers, and registered nurses from the federal Express Entry pool.
The draws are a part of the OINP’s Human Capital Priorities Stream. A job offer is not required.
Ontario is home province to both Canada’s capital city, Ottawa, and the country’s largest city, Toronto.
The federal Express Entry Program allows Canada to actively recruit assess and select skilled immigrants under the following federal economic immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Class; the Federal Skilled Trades Class; and the Canadian Experience Class.
- Apply for: How to find Canadian jobs for immigrants. 2020 – Jobzey
- Apply for: How Canada became an education superpower – Jobzey
- Apply for: Ontario Reveals Plans To Attract It Foreign workers. 2020 – Jobzey
- Application process
- Apply for: Multiple Jobs Opportunities In Canada – Jobzey
- Apply for: Canadians top the list of visitors overstaying visas. 2020 – Jobzey
- 1. Make sure you qualify
- 2. Apply to be nominated by the Ontario government
- Apply for: Minimum IELTS Score Required For Canada Immigration Programs. 2020 – Jobzey
- 3. Apply to the Government of Canada for permanent residence
- Apply for: Expected to be a Big Year for Immigration Nominee Programs in Canada,2020 – Jobzey
- New Opportunities
When an Express Entry candidate is invited to apply for a provincial nomination, s/he automatically receives an additional 600 points towards their CRS score. The additional 600 points effectively guarantee that the candidate will get an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence in a subsequent draw from the Express Entry pool.
Express Entry candidates who received an invitation from OINP were required to have work experience in one of 10 occupations, as well as a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score between 439 and 465.
The 10 targeted occupations were:
- 0114 Other administrative services managers
- 0601 Corporate sales managers
- 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting
- 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- 0621 Retail and wholesale trade managers
- 1111 Financial auditors and accountants
- 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 0111 Financial managers
- 1114 Other financial officers
- 0651 Managers in customer and personal services, n.e.c
In order to be considered for selection by the OINP through its Human Capital Priorities Stream, or its other Express Entry streams, the first step for candidates is to submit a profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
1 Application process
There are three main steps to follow when applying for permanent residence via OINP:
- make sure you qualify
- apply to be nominated by the Ontario government
- apply to the Government of Canada for permanent residence
1. Make sure you qualify
Once you’ve selected the stream you would like to apply under, make sure you meet all the mandatory requirements for that stream.
2. Apply to be nominated by the Ontario government
Once you’ve chosen your stream, you must apply online, through the OINP e-Filing Portal. It takes between two to three hours to complete the application.
The application cost for:
- the employer job offer and human capital streams is either $1,500 or $2,000
- the business streams is $3,500 per business partner or key staff applicant
We only accept Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard and MasterCard Debit.
Application processing times vary, read Application Processing Times and Nominations Issued for more information.
3. Apply to the Government of Canada for permanent residence
The Government of Canada makes the final decision on who becomes a permanent resident.