Work Visa in Canada: Express Entry (EE) introduced in 2015 has become the main driver of skilled worker immigration to Canada. It is an online immigration application system through which individuals and families around the world can immigrate to Canada within just a few months. It allows people to submit a profile and be considered as an experienced professional or skilled immigrant. Candidates with the highest rankings are invited to apply for permanent residency.
- How does EE work?
- How Express Entry VISA works. Work Visa in Canada.
- Step 1: Find out if you’re eligible
- Step 2: Get your documents ready
- Step 3: Submit your profile
- Step 4: Receive an invitation and apply for permanent residence
- Additional resources:
- Which Immigration Programs Does EE Cover?
- Do I Qualify for EE?
- How are EE profile points determined? Work Visa
- How Does EE Choose People for PR?
How does EE work?
- If you fill out a profile for Express Entry, your application will be ranked according to a points system.
- If you are highly ranked, you will be invited to apply for permanent residence as a skilled immigrant.
- Once you have applied, your PR application will then be processed within the next 6 months.
How Express Entry VISA works. Work Visa in Canada.
Express Entry is an online system that we use to manage applications for permanent residence from skilled workers.
Step 1: Find out if you’re eligible
There are two ways to find out if you’re eligible for a program that is part of Express Entry:
- answer a few questions to see if you meet the minimum requirements
- read the detailed requirements for each program
Step 2: Get your documents ready
You need documents, such as language test results, to show that you’re eligible for Express Entry. Some documents take a long time to get, so you should get them ready now.
- Get the documents you need
Step 3: Submit your profile
Your Express Entry profile is where you give us information about yourself.
If you’re eligible, we’ll accept you into our pool of candidates.
You’ll be ranked in the Express Entry pool using a points-based system. Your score is based on the information in your profile.
- Check Best Internships in Spain:Studying and working in Spain 2020
- Submit your profile
Step 4: Receive an invitation and apply for permanent residence
We send invitations to apply to the candidates with the highest scores in the pool. If we invite you to apply, you’ll have 60 days to submit your application for permanent residence.
We’ll process most complete applications that have all the supporting documents in 6 months or less.
- Presentation for skilled foreign workers
- Express Entry factsheet for candidates
- Summer 2015 – Presentation deck from employer engagement sessions
Which Immigration Programs Does EE Cover?
You must use Express Entry to apply for:
- The Skilled Worker Program
- The Skilled Trades Program
- The Canadian Experience Class
Some candidates for Ontario’s Provincial Nominee Program are also selected through Express Entry.
Do I Qualify for EE?
You qualify for Express Entry if you meet the eligibility criteria for the Skilled Worker program, Skilled Trades program, or Canadian Experience Class.
How are EE profile points determined? Work Visa
Your Express Entry profile will get points based on:
- Your education level;
- Your abilities in English and/or French (Canada’s 2 official languages);
- Your work experience and skills;
- Your age;
- If you have a job offer in Canada; and
- Your spouse’s education, language abilities, and work experience.
Additional points are also awarded if you have completed a college or university program in Canada or if you have a provincial nomination.
How Does EE Choose People for PR?
- Once you submit a profile, your profile will be entered into a pool (group) of all the people who have currently applied for Express Entry.
- You will then be ranked against other people in the pool. Your ranking is based on the number of points you have.
- If you are at the top of the rankings, your profile will be drawn (selected) from the list of applications. You will then get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence as a skilled immigrant.